Wednesday 21 January 2015

Have your pancake and eat it too!


 In general I try to eat a protein rich breakfast which is usually eggs prepared in a variety of methods, boiled, over easy, omelets, salads, etc.  However, sometimes I like having a little something sweet with my coffee in the morning. This recipe is a great way to enjoy a protein rich breakfast with a sweet pancake:) It's not going to make you feel heavy or like you have a lump of starch  sitting in your stomach, which is how I feel if I have regular pancakes. It is super simple to prepare and I bet ya you have all the ingredients at home right now. I like to add a tbsp of coconut flour but you don't have to. Coconut flour is high in fiber, protein and healthy fats.  I also like to chop up some walnuts to add some extra healthy fats which will help you feel full as well.

What you will need:
Makes 4-5 small pancakes

2 eggs
1 ripe banana (with spots on it)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
1 tbsp of coconut flour (optional)
1 tbsp or so of chopped walnuts (optional)

In a bowl, whisk your eggs, mush your banana, add it the vanilla and coconut flour (you can also just blitz it all in your blender). Add in your walnuts. Heat a pan over medium heat (or your griddle)  and spray with some coconut oil (or use about a tsp of coconut oil, if you don't have spray). Cook your pancakes, just like you would cook any regular pancake.
You can drizzle some honey or maple syrup if you choose, but the banana makes it sweet enough on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment